View Single Post
Old 16th November 2009, 19:06

EddAllsop is on a distinguished road

Hi, been a few weeks since I was last on here but exciting developements!! I've finally sourced a very nice 02 reg donor car with just 50K on the clock and in very nice condition indeed. By the time I'd paid the petrol to pick it up from leeds it cost just under £3000, which tho it was more than I wanted to pay, as steve said, it was reassuring to drive the car back and test what I'm about to dismantle before the long haul to resurect it in the marlin shell. The rest of the car was emaculate so a bit of a shame to chop it up, but surprisingly good fun once I started to strip bits out. Hopefully with enough time on Ebay I should be able to recoup some of the initial outlay.

I've also put my deposit down and Marlin expect to be in a position to finish just before christmas which'll be a veyr nice xmas present to myself!!!! I have a slight dilema of whether to buy module 3 at the same time or not. I am in the fortunate position to be able to store it if needed and like the idea of saving the £430 ish for buying it all at once PLUS not having to pay an extra 2.5% of VAT ontop of it all. However I have seen several people have extended there wheel arches to a very pleasing effect as well as allowing wider tires and more grip which very much appeals. Terry has assured me that before long all the bodies produced will have these wider wheel arches (as per their race versions) and so may save me the hassle of working the fibre glass as well as the resultant respray. But the important point is how much more will it all cost?!?! I can already sense my wallet getting lighter!!! (and I fear its got a few more punds to shed yet!!)