Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2012, 18:44
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Feedback

All
I have just had a call from Alan Hogg to say he has fitted his servo kit in his Cabrio (BMW M20) today, and is thrilled with transformation of his brakes. "A revalation" to use his own words. He has his car on the road all year around, and has taken it for a proper drive, and says the pedal has much more feel to it, and that if he wanted to, felt he could have locked his wheels up. A real success.
I am delighted with his call on many levels. Obviously with 20 people buying the kit I felt a real sense of responsibility for ensuring you were not disappointed! So to have someone be so pleased that he wanted to give me a call to say thank you personally is very satisfying. He found the kit very easy to fit, and was pleased with its quality and simplicity. He drilled two holes, added a counter sink at the rear, and fitted it.
I am also pleased because Alan's Cabrio is Ford based and he has the same Cosworth disc front & rear disc set up with a Ford MC that I have selected. So all being well my brakes should work.
I tghink the moral of the story is that with a Ford master cylinder the conversion is simple straight forward, and it works.

I do hope all of you with BMW master cylinders are able to find a safe workable solution and that it works just as well for you. Jason, GOO, has PM'd me that he is fitting his servo today, so hopefully he will be able to elaborate a little more on the success of the kit in a BMW based Sportster.

Good luck to all
Mike