Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 12th January 2012, 21:43
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey V8 Pete View Post

Question: In an earlier post you said that the dual servo had an adjustable output shaft so a spacer wasn't needed between this and the master cylinder to compensate for the adaptor plate thickness. You also showed a photo ( I can't seem to copy and paste it into this post) of the output shaft unscrewed quite a long way. The dual servo that I have received has a similar, albeit smaller, domed screw and locknut but it is very tight. How did you undo yours?
I had a 'fiddle' with mine tonight. It's a 7mm ring spanner or socket to go over the hex head. I held the lock ring with a pair of thin nose pliers (bent snipe nose pliers would be better but I don't own any of those) and it came undone without to much force. The 'lock ring' is a brass coloured serrated ring. (you need to turn the spanner clockwise whilst holding the ring stationary to unlock the ring and then it came out with my fingers).
Surprisingly, it seems to be a 6mm metric thread which is good as it opens up the options to fit a longer plunger if necessary.
The serrated lock ring will need to be tightened to lock it again. I guess with the brake pedal compressed it will stick out a lot further and make it easier to get at.