Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 11:29

morris is on a distinguished road

this was my background thought. Taking 10mm off the end would be straight forward and low risk but I think that 25mm will see the push rod go well past the outer edge of the M/C. If we could get some extra adapters made up you could layer up another 2 and then it's just a 15mm cut. it will start to look a bit rubbish though.

The only problem I can see with moving over to a Ford M/C (apart from the fact we're not sure which one to go for) is that although new cylinders are available on ebay, I've not found a single reservior. This is fine for those with remotes but no good if you want to go the traditional route. I think if we can nail down the correct Ford M/C then as you say, it's more than worth the extra £40 to do the job properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Guys

Please be careful.

The brake master cylinder has to be one of the most significant safety critical items on any car. Embarking on a procedure to cut and carve must be undertaken with great care.
Suitable new master cylinders are available for £30-40: is it really worth the effort, and risk?
Mike