View Single Post
Old 25th April 2024, 23:40

deni is on a distinguished road

Hello Paul,

Thank you so much for your response, I have already given up. Sadly, it seems that the future of this forum doesn't look promising ...
Unfortunately things do change...It's a shame, but I'm grateful to have received advice and guidance from experienced car builders in the past, and got so far not having any experience at all.
Especially with Miglia builds, not many people are posting for some reason, and if it wasn't for a couple of old blogs it would be quite challenging, at least for me, to build this car.
Anyway, I have learned much building this car and I hope I will muddle through and reach the finish line soon.

Thank you again for your advice, it is much appreciated. Thanks for confirming what I already suspected, that the position of the steering rack rod and the arms is not really good.
I'm not sure I quite understand the last bit, where you mention the suspension arm bolts being tightened before the swap. I'm guessing that they were, as the old spring were fitted prior the swap.

I think that the only good solution would be to buy and fit longer springs? I hope doing that would result in more acceptable suspension setup.
Unless there is a possibility to adjust the ride height independently from the spring height, which I'm not aware of?
I'm not sure if this is possible with the GAZ shocks I bought...???

I hope you are still keeping busy building the cars.

Cheers, Deni

Last edited by deni; 25th April 2024 at 23:58..