View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:44

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Scottie - I do have a cheap hole drilling set, but not one for the size I needed.
Although I might still try to pop into Aldi next week if I get the chance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bloody Showers...
I managed to get a quick break in the rain to get a little bit done.

I sanded down the fibreglass filler applied yesterday and gave it a coat of paint.

Here was where the surplus holes were.

And this was the bulkhead as a whole.

This was quite a landmark moment, because after five months of work, the bulkhead is finally one colour all over.

There are still a few odd jods to do on the bulkhead, but the end really is nigh.

The only other thing I managed to do was tidy up the wood filler in the dash hole & stain it.

To be honest the circle around the oil pressure gauge still looks like I chewed the hole out with my teeth.

But the overall look of this project will be "battered old ex-race car", so maybe I will get away with it.

I had just finished the wood staining when the sky went black, so I packed everything away & covered the bulkhead (again!).
Note: The cover is spread out so it doesn't touch any of the wet paint below.

Taking a break...
I have decided to stop work on the car now for a short time, at least a week, maybe two.
I simply have too many other things to do at the moment and they are being neglected in favour of the build.
Well, given the choice of sorting out house admin (bills, statements, etc.) or the car, what would you choose?
Hopefully without any car distractions I can quickly sort out everything else and then get back to it ASAP.

And Finally...
I know I have spent a very long time repairing / modifying this bulkhead.
But I take great pride in how much my metal working skills have improved since I started on it.
It should not be too long now before I can build the "join" between the bulkhead & the rear frame work.
At which point it will feel like I finally back to the main road to building the Cordite.
Although my initial focus will not extend beyond the "Moon Rover" stage.

So until next time, take care, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 23rd March 2014 at 13:32.. Reason: Typo