Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2012, 08:34
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterux View Post
I agree, I think Mark is just establishing the fact that he wants to import and sell directly to customers than via you. I think this is what you wanted anyway?
If Mark is smart (which I think he is) he has spotted a bigger market in the UK Kitcar scene. This is full endorsement that he wants to supply new customers so he is obviously impressed.

BTW there is now a US supplier on eBay that will ship direct to the UK...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3208654336...1#ht_500wt_969

Not a bad price as it includes a clevis adapter and an extended pin. Of course, you'll have to add import duty at 20%(I think). And it doesn't include you great m/C adapter plate.

(BTW2 - my own servo upgrade is now in process. Servo and M/C is bolted in. Need to make up my extended pin and do the plumbing/bleeding, etc)
All,
Maybe I am a little sensitive to this project having put so much time into it, but I don't think Mark has even bothered to fit it to Marlin's own demonstrator and test it. There is no feedback from him at all - he simply refers to what he is being told. On top of that his opening paragraph is so negative to the point of being critical, which does not sit well with me.Part of me feels like telling him to whistle.............

That said, I have no desire to get involved in importing on speculation and carrying stock, so it would be nice if he does adopt the kit and make it available to future owners.

Patrick mentioned what price Marlin may wish to charge? - that is clearly up to Marlin. They have a business to run, whereas my aim was to keep the costs as low as possible for as many as possible. Having said that, I have made every effort to make this kit known to all potential Marlin Owners Club members, so anyone who arrives late to the party will have to accept Marlins commercial rates. Of course the check to their price being too high is that the servo is well documented within the club and it will be possible to import single units individually.

On that subject, may I offer a little warning.
UK import duties are 5% on servos, and VAT is levied at 20% of the landed UK cost, ie. including freight to UK. So you can see from Peters highlighted ebay source it gets very expensive. Then Parcelforce will charge an additional £13 fee for paying the UK import and VAT at customs on your behalf. This is why it is important to bring a decent sized batch to benefit from a freight forwarding agent to keep these costs down.

Regards to all
Mike