Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 08:27
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

V8 Peter

I hope the comment from David Siddall below helps.
GOO did the same on the prototype. A longer high tensile M6 would achieve the same more easily. Better still if you then add extra spacer/lock nuts to create a stiffer section over the exposed threaded length.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hi All

David Siddall collected one of the two sample servos on Saturday, and has just sent me the following comments:

[Hi Mike. Just a note to say that I've installed the servo and although I've only been up and down the drive, first impressions are very favourable. The brake pedal has more bite which is what I wanted.
The adjustment on the servo pushrod is not quite long enough with the m/c that I have, so I turned a suitable radius on a 25 mm length of 10mm diameter rod and put m6 thread into it which screws into the end of the servo pushrod.* This brought the end of the pushrod just flush with m/c face of the adaptor plate which is where the metro pushrod was.
I'm happy with the adaptor plate that you've already sent**: studs welded in and a coat of hammerite and it looks fine.
I hope you are as pleased when you get to fit yours...................thanks once again. Regards David. ]

* GOO has prepared exactly the same for his Sportster as par6t of his evening classes ( - and very kindly one for me too.)
** I gave David one of the first prototype adaptor plates designed for the Duksville servo, so the vacuum elbow was slightly out of place.

I have asked David to give us a more extensive report when he has had the chance to go out on the road and test it more fully.

But re-inforces GOO's comments...............................