Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2012, 18:18
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Ian

Please do not take this as suppotrting your idea to cut and carve your BMW MC, but there is not an issue with maintaining the seal. The MBM servo is self sealed. We know this from GOOs trial with my first adaptor plate which had a slight bow in it.

I have a pattern MC for a Ford and will try to find out on Monday where I sourced it from and if they are freely available.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
yep, I quite agree that I'd prefer it flush too. If there wasn't this question mark over what the right part number is for the ford cylinder I'd just be ordering one of those and washing my hands of the BMW part but I don't want to waste money through trial and error finding the right part.

With the setup shown in the photo I wouldn't be happy but with a good brace at 4 points rather than 2 I think it would be solid. It's worth remembering that the forces involved in pushing the M/C are nothing in comparison to the tensile strength of a bog standard bolt so as long as everything is straight and you're not pushing the M/C at an angle, it will be mechanically sound. If I take 10mm off the plunger then the M/C will sit flush to the 5mm thick adapter meaning the forces will be spread nice and even

The question in my mind is all about the air tight seal as if that is an issue then it's a non-starter.