Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2011, 10:43
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Adaptor Plate Thickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey V8 Pete View Post
Hi Jason / Mike. Just a thought about the adaptor plate thickness. From the dim and distant past I seem to remember that a thread should locate in a plate / nut etc for a thickness no less than the thread diameter. With 8mm studs holding the master cylinder that would indicate that the adaptor plate should be 8mm thick and not 6mm. With MBM quoting 1000psi line pressure needed for a disc brake set up that’s a lot of force being held by those two studs :-o What do you think? Pete
Peter

This should please you relative to your comment above.

Whilst checking all the details prior to ordering the servos ("measure twice, order once"!) I have discovered the closed recess in the Dual servo is only 6mm deeper than the projection from my master cylinder.Thus with a 6mm adaptor the two faces are flush (or may be just touching)
My Ford master cylinder has a 22mm projection: the servo recess is 16mm.
I am therefore going to increase the standard adaptor plate to 8mm thick to eliminate any possible interference issues with the standard Ford master cylinder I have.

If anyone has a problem due their master cylinder having a longer projection, I can get a marginally thicker adaptor (within reason, say 10mm or even 12mm), but please do check for yourselves the projection depth of your master cylinder from it fixing face.

Mike