View Single Post
Old 29th March 2015, 19:45

reneanglia is on a distinguished road
Talking

There must be room enough to remove the engine with the bonnet removed.
Not that i doubt the quality of a Triumph engine but you never know..........
As my dreams about a new build are now switching between a Miglia/Sammio or A325 i let my thoughts go over future snags and problems and how to solve them.
For both builds you need a Spitfire and use the bulkhead,floor and other sheetmetal parts.....i am not so keen using these parts as they are build and bonded into the GRP bodyshell,as we all know GRP does'nt rust and Triumph sheetmetal will rust,as a matter of fact i'll think Triumph invented rust as i see some potential doner cars.
I like the idea of building my own removable stainless or alloy frame and fix the body only to this frame so it would be possible to remove.
The front does'nt have to flip but will be seperated from the body bolted to the frame,for maintenance the bonnet will be used and in case of major repares the whole front can be unbolted and removed.
If i build a Miglia or A325 this way i will have less rust issiues and virtually a car that last for ages.
There will be a lot of thinking and problem solving to do about this,i even have to wear a chrashhelmet as i have to do so much headscratching i will end up with a hole in my skull............
René