View Single Post
Old 16th August 2014, 16:13

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Consolidation - Part 2:
I have also been testing out the driving position and the sides of the cockpit touch my shoulder / upper arm.

So I have now marked out the next round of trimming to give me the widest possible cockpit opening.

Note:
On the driver's side, I may need to fit the plywood panels inside the framework to give me enough room.

Thankfully taking the cockpit sides out further will also remove some of the problem areas I had left to deal with after the doors were sealed.

Although I may build up the depth of the scuttle area before I trim off the cockpit sides.

With everything tidied up and the drive washed down, the driveway was at least looking a bit more respectable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

DVLA Update
IanA has just got his V5C back for his Tribute Z300S Barchetta without the need for a re-body inspection.
So it appears a description of the work, some photos & relevant invoices are the key in the current DVLA approach.
( Although I am still waiting for that to be confirmed in writing before I start counting my chickens. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Next Steps:
It looks like I may be diverted onto other chores for a few days.
But I am actually feeling pretty good about the body shell as I can now see a way forward.
There is still a lot of work to do to construct the rest of the scuttle & wrap around wind deflector.
However, the fact that filler does such a good job of hiding the butchery is very reassuring.
Although the thought of just how much preparation work will be required for paint is quite scary.

So until next time, take care, Paul.