View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 10:47

Paul L is on a distinguished road

In between taking down the Christmas decorations & other distractions, I've very little progress to report...

Front Indicators - Options:
I've previously posted photos of various front indicator options, so now it was time to mock up my own.
As the lens of my side repeater is not detachable, I needed a paper template to allow me to test locations.

After trying various options, this appears to be the best place for this 30mm diameter lens.
There is also just enough of a flat surface on the bonnet for the light to sit flush(ish).

I also test fitted my rear indicator lens (70mm diameter) for a quick comparison.
The increase in size meant the only flat surface it would fit flush against was lower down & pointing out.

Without wishing to sound too much like Goldilocks, I think one lens is too small & the other too big.
So I've just ordered a set of these Classic Mini indicators which are a bit smaller than the rear lens above.
I'll decide whether to construct a flat surface on the bonnet to mount them facing forward when they arrive.
( As I think they would look better it they aligned vertically with the headlights. )

With a bit of luck, and in the best fairy tale tradition, I hope these will be "Just Right".

I will now use these side repeaters as there were originally intended on the side of the body shell.

Next Steps:
If the perpetual misty rain outside ever stops...
I hope to get one small job done today before we head out on a family trip.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by Paul L; 11th September 2019 at 08:46..