Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2012, 10:30
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinClan View Post
Can I assume then that Andrew blanked off one of the two outlets from the front of the Ford M/C? As I understand it they are siamesed both coming from the front section of the M/C. I was thinking about doing the same as it means I wont have to re-run the brake lines to the front callipers as I have only a single connection with a T-piece at the front.

BTW I have replaced the small threaded adjuster on the M/C side of the servo with a 35mm long cap headed set screw. Fits in the operating rod of the M/C fine and the cap head means you can use an allen key to adjust and tighten it. I re-used the little locking ring from the original adjuster.

I have "reserved" this coming weekend to do the changeover....

Robin
Hi Robin

Yes, Andrew capped off one of the outlets, repeating the arrangement on the BMW master cylinder. On the Ford MC I am not sure it makes any difference which one is capped is the bore consistent at 22mm?

Do you not think it would be safer to have individual pipe runs to the two front wheels? With only one feed pipe, if you lose one, you lose both - and to quote Martin Brundle " Head off straight to the scene of the accident!!"

Your cap head screw is a very good idea: perfect for its application, and readily available.

Do you have your own private road, or disused airfield to conduct some empirical tests???????

Mike