Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 24th January 2012, 10:22
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
Having built the car without cutting out inspection openings int the bulkhead,removal of the metro servo was done by turning myself into a contortionist to get into the footwell backward ,upside down and back-to-front.My resolve was strong(but painful-can hardly walk today) and it is out.Can I ask...those who have fitted the new clevis,did you leave the bolt on the input shaft and screw the clevis up to it tightly to get the desired length...in my case 13 cm from mating face of servo to centre hole of clevis.
Sorry Jeremy - didn't answer your question!
I measured the firewall to clevis hole centre distance on the Metro servo set up, and replicated that for my new servo by screwing the clevis on outside the car. I locked the clevis off with the nut, and fitted it. I had to sligtly twist the pedal to make it align with the clevis. But that was the easy bit.

I decide to change my pedal box/firewall bolts and add a larger stainless washer. Removing the nuts inside the footwell to get them out was difficult. Putting the nuts back on was almost impossible! I even had Sue contorting with me inside the footwell.
Now that photo would have been embarrassing!