Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2011, 18:50
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road
Default Servo Update - 21 Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey V8 Pete View Post
Hi Jason / Mike. Just a thought about the adaptor plate thickness. From the dim and distant past I seem to remember that a thread should locate in a plate / nut etc for a thickness no less than the thread diameter. With 8mm studs holding the master cylinder that would indicate that the adaptor plate should be 8mm thick and not 6mm. With MBM quoting 1000psi line pressure needed for a disc brake set up that’s a lot of force being held by those two studs :-o What do you think? Pete
Peter

Adaptor Plate
The intention for the universal plate was for you to drill a hole and counter sink from the back. Then fit the adaptor to the master cylinder, using a counter sunk socket screw. Then bolt the adaptor to the servo.

I plan to weld 2 x m8 studs in my adaptor, and can get the same done for anyone who can advise the exact position of the studs. ie centres, and angle of rotation from vertical.

I have been to see the guy who makes these today, and will get a trial one made first to ensure all the dimensions are spot on (as he will cut them out on a laser cutter), so any mistake will be repeated. The final quality will be very good.
I can then post photos of this, with a note on the critical dimensions if there is a requirement for welded in stud connectors.

Dual Servo Update
I have chased Paul at Duksville today, and he is not prepared to give us a price until he can get his next delivery, and knows his landed costs. To be fair, this fluctuates due to the $/£ exchange rate, and his price for the one I bought does not leave him much of a margin. He can not give any indication of when he might get his next delivery.

It is not in my nature to be fobbed off, so I have contacted MBM brake boosters in Ashville NC. They are willing to sell us 18 or 24 off (they come in packs of 6) at $50 each, after negotiating. I am waiting for a price for 24 delivered to me direct. If I have done my sums right, even at this price we can't get them for the price Duksville were selling them at, taking in to account freight, Import duties, and VAT. My best guess would be around a cost of £80 each delivered in bulk to one location. If my sums are right and everyone remains happy at this cost, we will be able to get them before Christmas.

Whilst many of us do not need to rush to buy one of these servos during the close season and may feel waiting might get a better price, Duksville will not guarantee the next batch will be at the same price. I have offered to place an order today for 20 off at the last advertised price, but he will not accept it until he knows his costs. It could be more, it could be less..........?

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything from from MBM.