View Single Post
Old 26th July 2010, 20:15

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Paul ,
Thank you for your input.....I know what your saying about the front end...in some pics it looks a bit 'wrong' but in the flesh its not too bad at all.....I am intending on changing the front completely when I do the Scimitar based example later this year and the Maserati you showed is more along the lines of where I was going to go with that one....I really like the Lancia D24 front as well , 1953 ? ish , with the one shrouded headlight....looks really purposeful.
The Spitfire / GT6 idea was really a one off ...I haven't re-tooled the moulds or anything and wouldn't really want to do too many of those starting with my longer body....I would , if asked , but won't be pushing them....

I'm building a couple of turn-keys for customers right now...I am working to a budget of approx. £4900 for a drive away , painted , wire wheel example and about £4200-4500 for steel wheels, depending on sizes.
A rolling chassis with body mounted would be about £1250-1500 using a customers stripped out car and would include fuel tank and steering column mounts etc....I know this is cheap and probably won't be able to keep prices this low for long but wanted to get a few units out there...

Sammio ? I like it.....my son is Samuel ( SAMMY ) O wen Janes...born about the time I started the project....it was originally pencilled in as a FRUGAL SPYDER , but I changed it......I felt that there was a relevance and FANGIO is a fairly significant name connected to 50's Motorsport , I felt it had a similar vibe.....

Not sure what to call the Scimitar based example yet though !

THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO COMMENT......