View Single Post
Old 28th July 2009, 06:28
Enthusiast

limpabit is on a distinguished road

The gearbox is a Rover Coupe turbo, beefed up with steel caged bearings to cope with the extra power. Gearboxes hjave been know to cope with 500BHP + so should hopefully do the trick.

The mounts was made by my good friend and fellow 5EXI own Merlinman. Took the car done to his workshoshop to get the made. It was there we discovered the space in the chassis was not enough with the 6 speed box. So went the Rover route as I had all the change cables etc.

The dip stick I've just rested there for the time being. It clips under the metal support frame at the side of the inlet that holds the plastic OE cover. But just wanted the dipsitck out of the way for now.

As for the silicon hoses. My wallet is still quivering with the expense it cost. Silicon water hose front to back for the rad as well. Though not in the centre tunnel.

Hmm yes I did think about the wheel problem. Still looking for ideas. As well as the meshing in the side pod to stop stones from entering there. It only has three sides to attach mesh to the side pods.

All the OE plastic covers fit as well. Will decide at a later date whether to go Carbon fibre covers or not. But will look a little OE with the covers.