View Single Post
Old 9th August 2005, 17:53

Bennyh is on a distinguished road
Default Wireing Problems, need help!!!

Greetings all.
I am having a few problems with the wireing on my 5exi. I have phoned marlin but as simon is off work with a broken arm they can not help.

1 When I have looked in my haynes manual I can see that a lot of the cars functions are activated by relays but these are not in the marlin wiring loom and I can only assume that they have either wired them throught the switches ( this could lead to reliaibility problems as they where not designed for this) or they have put the relays in but I cant see the wiring to support this.

2 The other thing I have seen in the haynes manual is all the cars systems are fused eg, wipers, indercators, heater ect but the marlin loom does not seem to accomidate this. I am not sure if I should put in a second fuse box. what has everyone else done?

3 How has everyone else wired in the 5as box? In the haynes manual some of the systems eg starter relay are earthed through the imobilizer is this the 5as box and how is it done?

All these problem are really getting me down as I want to start my car. Any help would be most appreciated. also is there anyone else in west london building a car that I might be able to meet up with.

Many Thanks and I hope everyone else is progressing well.
Benny
Available from eBay